Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Art Fest PMC Bird Pendant Catherine Withrell

My second class was the PMC silver clay bird pendant. PMC is great fun...and very delicate! I ended up making the bird legs to thin and they broke. It was a happy accident since I am now the only one who has fun dangely legs. The clay was very soft and I learned that you shouldn't make such deep impressions if you are going to rivet on pieces. I certainly learned alot in this class. I can't wait to try this process on my own...just need a kiln and some clay. I ended up with some extra clay...I'll take some pictures of the charms I made later.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Very cool! I love the dangly legs. I was at ArtFest too but haven't posted about my adventure yet.

I made PMC charms for trades - they are on my blog. I'd love to see your charms when you get them photographed. I tried to use one of my charms on a project for Flat to Stacked and broke it while hammering the rivets. It was a happy accident because I ended up using one of the silver twig beads I made instead. I'll photograph them later to share. Just wanted to say hello while I had an extra minute. Your pendant is great!

lk moonwood said...

WOW! I love seeing the work you did at ArtFest! Makes me want to get some clay...
Thanks for posting!
lulu

grrl+dog said...

So good to see your bird in one piece and that you have an original!